Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 29 09 1:39 AM

Tags : :

Calvin Luther Armel, youngest son of James and Barbara Armel was born on 1 September 1900 in Frederick Co., Virginia.
Calvin married Clara Rebecca McDonald (b. 1905 - d. 1990) sometime before 1924.

Their children:
Harold E. b. 1924
Lyle L. b. 1925 - d. 1969
Melvin J. b. 1927
Marvin b. 1929 - d. 2000

Calvin died 19 July 1958, from a gunshot wound at age 57. He and Clara are buried together at Macedonia Memorial Cemetery in White Post, Virginia. So is their son, Marvin and daughter-in-law, Geraldine and several grandchildren.

Documents of interest:

Social Security Death Index
about Harold E. Armel
Name:     Harold E. Armel
SSN:     XXX-XX-XXXX
Last Residence:     23063  Goochland, Goochland, Virginia, United States of America
Born:     XXXXX 1924
Died:     XXXXX 1995
State (Year) SSN issued:     Virginia (Before 1951)

Source Citation: Number: XXX-XX-XXXX;Issue State: Virginia;Issue Date: Before 1951.

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Social Security Death Index [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2009. Original data: Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Social Security Administration.

about Lyle Armel

Name:     Lyle Armel
Born:     XXXX 1925
Died:     XXXX1969

Source Citation: Number: XXX-XX-XXXX;Issue State: Virginia;Issue Date: Before 1951.

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Social Security Death Index [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2009. Original data: Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Social Security Administration.

about Marvin E. Armel
Name:     Marvin E. Armel
Last Residence:     22601  Winchester, Winchester City, Virginia, United States of America
Born:     XXXX 1929
Died:     XXXX2000

Source Information:

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Sep 4 10 2:02 PM

Hi Mary,

Welcome to the Forum! Thanks for confirming the last name for Clara and also for giving her middle name, Rebecca, as I had only her middle initial. I've added the full name to the information above.

Looking forward to hearing more from you! Always nice to meet a new cousin! :)

~Kylia

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 22 10 6:40 AM

Hi Kylia,
   Thank you for updating the information.  Who are your parents?  I do not know a lot of my relatives as they were not talked about that I remember.  I live in Goochland, VA.  Where do you live?
Thank you,
Mary (Becky)  :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Sep 22 10 3:01 PM

Hi Mary,

You are very welcome. :) I am related to the Armel's through my father's side. My great-grandmother, Gustava Geneva Gardiner's mother, Margaret Armel, was the eldest daughter of James and Barbara Unstead Armel (you'll find them all listed in the forum as well).

I live in Canada, but I was born and raised in the D.C. area.

I'd be happy to give you more specifics...write me at my email: kylia_@hotmail.com. :)

Looking forward to talking to you soon!
~Kylia

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 29 15 6:46 PM

Great granddaughter of Calvin and Clara

Hi. I just found out I was related to Sandra who is my great grandfather Calvin's brother John. I am hoping to find out more about our heritage and family on my moms side of the family. 

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 29 15 8:34 PM

I am the great granddaughter of Calvin and Clara. I never knew my grandpa armel but I grew up knowing my grandma Armel. I am the oldest grandchild of Harold E and Cora B. Armel. My mother is Mary Armel Bryant that you guys speak to hear in the forum. 

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 6 16 2:09 AM

Hi Cora! And welcome to the forum!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help